In this report, you will find the top-listed trends in consumer opinions and wishlists for H1, and based on this information Revuze’s AI made projections for H2, it also pointed out a few trends which are on the rise.
Over the years, we have been pulling data from multiple e-tail sources for laundry detergents and pods. In H1 2020, 82,343 reviews were collected and analyzed, out of which our AI extracted 160,552 valuable quotes.
A few notifiable insights extracted from our report:
- This H1, the overall industry star rating is 4.49 with an average sentiment of 87% which means that in general, brands are trying their best at listening to customer’s needs, although there is room for improvement within the category.
- This H1 , Persil is the leading brand in terms of consumer discussion
- Persil ProClean Discs Original, 62 Loads, Unit Dose Laundry Detergent – by Persil was the most reviewed product this H1 with 31,179 reviews, with an 91% sentiment. Consumers are impressed with the cleaning power, stain removal as well as the ease of use of the discs instead of liquid detergent.
- Since Covid-19, more consumers are purchasing detergents online
- In H1 2019, there were 45K eCommerce reviews for the category of detergents where in H1 2020 alone there were 93K reviews!
- Trending topics with positive sentiment
- Results, Cleaning Power and Ease of Use are all positive trending topics.
- The most discussed comments trending positive were about the use of packaging. Consumers like having convenient packaging and easy storage.
- Trending topics with Negative sentiment
- Usage Amount, Dissolvent and Ingredients are all negative trending topics.
- The most discussed comments were on the ingredients used in detergents. Consumers prefer a detergent that smells great and cleans well, however, more and more consumers are paying attention to labels and do not appreciate toxic chemicals that lead to skin irritation and allergic reactions.
Revuze’s analysts came to the conclusion that due to the influx of consumers being forced to purchase Detergents online due to Covid-19, sales and consumer discussion are on the rise. As more people are at home using detergents, and perhaps have more time to pay attention to results, this is the best time to gain feedback for product improvements as the category continues to grow.
Top 10 Laundry Detergents liquids & Pods Sentiment (Review count > 100)
When it comes to the top 10 laundry detergents, we can see that most of them are liquid detergents. In addition, we can also see that the share of voice is generally the same for each product, and since Loyalty is a trending topic, this could be the reason why.
5 Most Discussed Brands for Laundry Detergents liquids & Pods by SOV
Persil seems to be the most reviewed brand regarding fabric detergents, and over 50% of consumers are speaking about Persil more than other detergent brands. By understanding the star rating and sentiment drivers for Persil, many different brands can learn what to improve to satisfy customers’ needs.
Top 5 Brands by Sentiment – Detergents liquids & Pods (SOV > 1%)
Ivory Snow is a majorly loved brand by consumers with extreme skin sensitivity, especially for babies. The sentiment is high because the brand is trusted and tested by consumers.
Number Of Reviews For Laundry Detergents Liquids and Pods from 2018 to June 2020.
As mentioned at the beginning of our research, the laundry detergents category is on the rise and we see more and more people buying these products & reviewing them online mainly due to Covid. If brands can manage the negative trending topics, we will see a rise in star rating as well for the category.
Without a doubt, we can say that purchasing laundry detergents and the consumer discussion around it has been increasing online. Due to the fact that more and more consumers are reviewing these products, there seems to be a lot of room for innovation and improvement from big brands and smaller brands based on consumer feedback.